Welcome

Welcome to The Leek Log, an opportunity to share news and views on business, leisure and community activities in Leek and the Staffordshire Moorlands.
If you have something to tell others about, let me know either by commenting on the blog or emailing me at david@davidcliffe.com

Wednesday 11 November 2009

The mystery bugler

Hearing the bugles sound at The Monument on Sunday reminds me of the mystery bugler who plays within earshot of my normally peaceful office (shed).

A couple of years ago it became a daily occurrence, regular as clockwork, that someone played a few rousing notes on the bugle every lunchtime. The first few times I thought it was one of the neighbour's chickens clearing its throat - intrigued I started to wander round garden at the appointed time, trying to see where the sound was coming from.

Eventually I became convinced that it was a musically-inclined worker at Kerrygold (over the fence from the office) who was rousing his workmates for the afternoon shift.

A while ago the daily fanfare fell silent - perhaps the bugler had given up, perhaps I had changed my routine, or it may have coincided with the rebuild of the Kerrygold factory.

Imagine my delight a few days ago when, at around half past one, I heard the trumpeter's jaunty tones wafting across the garden again. Welcome back old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment